The fabrication and installation of the Rising Star for Chi-Town Rising took approximately two and a half months to complete. While quite impressive from an event attendee's standpoint, the behind-the-scenes of the Star is even more impressive.
5 Facts You Should Know About The Rising Star
- The Star is inspired by the second Star on the City’s flag and represents the Chicago Fire and the City’s phoenix-like rise from the ashes.
- There are 200 electrical terminations used in each of the control boxes for the motors with 800 terminations used overall.
- The Star will ascend 36 stories up Hyatt Regency Chicago’s West Tower.
- Each of the steel plates used for the project is galvanized and custom powder coated to match the façade of the Hyatt to keep the infrastructure as discreet as possible.
- The weight of the 12,000-pound Star is equivalent to that of three full-sized pickup trucks.
To learn more about how Flyhouse was able to make this Star possible, read through our recap of last year's event.