Looking for a career in coding/programming, onsite automation technician work, or automation building? Seeking opportunities that will allow you to work on creative projects, travel the world, get hands-on experience, build unique control, and work with a diverse team? That’s how our Automation team flies!
A career at Chicago Flyhouse is more than just a job. It's an opportunity to work on some of the most well-known structures and facilities in the country. You will be part of a team creating innovative solutions alongside like-minded project managers, engineers, safety technicians, and rigging experts to address technical, mechanical, and aesthetic design constraints. Working at Chicago Flyhouse is embarking on a career like no other, which means we are looking for the next candidate to complement our growing crew and bring their own intrinsic motivation to the table.
Often, we can create a job to fit a candidate's specific background and career aspirations. If you’re looking for an automation position with adaptability, let’s talk!
Full Time Salary position
Eligible for Overtime pay
- Flexible Paid Time OFF
Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance options
401(k) savings plan with company matching program available
Eligible for year-end bonus based upon overall job performance
Paid Training and education advancement opportunities
Responsibilities may include
- Electrical fabrication for motorized hoist and control systems.
- Electrical repair and troubleshooting for various types of automation control systems relating to the theatrical and entertainment industry.
- Provide support to the project management team. This may include attending site visits, site measurements, project preparation, packing/unpacking, etc.
- Provide support to our Safer Venue Program by participating in the inspection and maintenance teams providing client services.
- Assist with delivering emergency repair services for various clients throughout the United States and World.
- Assist with the installation of rigging and automation systems including performer flying systems, and other specialty rigging as required.
- Coding/programming for theatrical control systems.
- Provide support to all personnel as needed.
- Regularly works around mechanical systems and in indoor and outside conditions. This may include at times inclement weather, heat, and humidity.
- Must be able to operate out of our Chicago, IL headquarters primarily. There will be work in other locations at times.
- May need to work off hours to accommodate client’s needs.
- Must be able to move objects to lift and move equipment and/or pipes and provide support over time.
- Frequently operates a computer, hand, and power tools, and other equipment.
- Occasionally ascends/ descends stairs and/or ladders to inspect and/or install equipment on production equipment.