Looking for a job that will allow you the opportunity to design and draft custom rigging solutions across a variety of venues including theaters, arenas, cruise ships, retail spaces, museums, and specialty industries around the world? Looking for an opportunity that will allow you to work on creative projects, get hands-on experience, build unique equipment, and work with a diverse team? A Drafter position at The Chicago Flyhouse, Inc., may be the right for you!
A career at Flyhouse is more than just a job. It's an opportunity to work on some of the most well-known structures and facilities in the country. You will be part of a team creating innovative solutions alongside like-minded project managers, engineers, safety technicians, and rigging experts to address technical, mechanical, and aesthetic design constraints. Working at Flyhouse is a career like no other. We are looking for the next candidate to complement our growing crew and bring their own intrinsic motivation to the table.
Often, Flyhouse can customize a job to best fit a potential employee's background and career aspirations. If you’re looking for a position with adaptability, please apply!
- Full-Time Salary
- Eligible for Overtime pay
- Flexible Paid Time OFF
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance options
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching program available
- Eligible for year-end bonus based upon overall job performance
- Paid Training and education advancement opportunities
Responsibilities may include
- Create preliminary design drawings for conceptual analysis alongside the rest of our project management team.
- Work with the project management team, on design specifications, documentation, and material lists to create project-specific AutoCAD drawings as required.
- Provide other stakeholders with product specification information on components used as part of project-specific design drawings.
- Multitask and manage several project design needs at a time.
- Revise drawings as needed based on findings during manufacturing and installation.
- Assist with the preparation of project-specific submittals and preconstruction documents as required.
- This role may require you to interface and communicate with general contractors, architects, theater consultants, facility staff, clients, and any other stakeholders that are involved in a project.
- Must be able to operate out of our Chicago, IL headquarters primarily. There will be work in other locations at times.
- May need to work off hours to accommodate client’s needs.