Looking for an opportunity that will allow you to work on creative projects, travel the world, get hands-on experience, build unique controls, and work with a diverse team? An Automation Technician position at Flyhouse may be the right fit for you!
A career at Flyhouse is more than just a job. It's an opportunity to work on some of the most well-known structures and facilities in the country. You will be part of a team creating innovative solutions alongside like-minded project managers, engineers, safety technicians, and rigging experts to address technical, mechanical, and aesthetic design constraints. Working at Flyhouse is a career like no other. We are looking for the next candidate to complement our growing crew and bring their own intrinsic motivation to the table.
- Full-Time Salary
- Eligible for Overtime pay
- Flexible Paid Time OFF
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance options
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching program available
- Eligible for year-end bonus based upon overall job performance
- Paid Training and education advancement opportunities
- Onsite inspection and repair services for all Flyhouse motorized hoist and control systems.
- Onsite repair and troubleshooting for all types of automation control systems relating to the theatrical and entertainment industry.
- Provide support to the project management team including site visits, site measurements, project preparation, packing/unpacking, etc.
- Provide support to our Safer Venue Program by participating in the inspection and maintenance teams providing client services.
- Assist with delivering emergency repair services for various clients throughout the United States and World.
- Assist with the installation of rigging and automation systems including performer flying systems, and other specialty rigging as required.
- Provide support to all personnel as needed.
- At least 2 years' experience as a theatrical rigging technician preferred. Or equivalent educational experience.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Familiarity and ability to enter, monitor and evaluate data within operations management systems.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and within teams to establish and meet deadlines, goals, and objectives.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Windows and Microsoft Office-based programs and diagnostic programs.
- An active/unrestricted driver’s license and safe driving record are required for this position, required.
- Regularly works around mechanical systems and in indoor and outside conditions. This may include at times inclement weather, heat, and humidity. The noise level may be loud at times.
- Must be able to move objects to lift and move equipment and/or pipes and provide support over time. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. at a time.
- Frequently operates a computer, hand, and power tools, and other equipment.
- Comfortable working at heights including operation of scissor and aerial platform lifts, must be able to ascends/ descends stairs and/or ladders to inspect and/or install equipment on production equipment.
- Must be able to operate out of our Chicago headquarters, primarily. There will be work in other locations at times.
- May need to work off hours to accommodate client’s needs.