Looking for the opportunity to design custom mechanical solutions? Looking for a job that will allow you to work on creative projects, gain hands-on experience, build unique equipment, and collaborate with a diverse team? A Mechanical Designer position at The Chicago Flyhouse, Inc., may be the right for you!
A career at Flyhouse is more than just a job. It's an opportunity to work on some of the most well-known structures and facilities in the country. You will be part of a team creating innovative solutions alongside like-minded project managers, engineers, safety technicians, and rigging experts to address technical, mechanical, and aesthetic design constraints. Working at Flyhouse a career like no other. We are looking for the next candidate to complement our growing crew and bring their own intrinsic motivation to the table.
Often, Flyhouse can customize a job to best fit a potential employee's background and career aspirations. If you’re looking for a position with adaptability, please apply!
- Full-Time Salary
- Eligible for Overtime pay
- Flexible Paid Time OFF
- Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance options
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching program available
- Eligible for year-end bonus based upon overall job performance
- Paid Training and education advancement opportunities
Responsibilities may include
- Design of custom hoisting and rigging systems.
- Working with our mechanical shop staff to prototype and test custom-designed equipment.
- Onsite collaboration with the project management team and outside engineers on equipment design, submittal, and shop drawings.
- Perform site visits and attend onsite project-specific meetings.
- Prepare project-specific submittals and preconstruction documents as required.
- Prepare project-specific shop drawings for fabrication.
- Prepare and execute required material procurement and tracking for projects as required.
- Work with our operations and project management teams on project planning, scheduling, and budgeting.
- Regularly works around mechanical systems and in indoor and outside conditions. This may include inclement weather, heat, and humidity.
- Must be able to operate out of our Chicago, IL headquarters primarily. There will be work in other locations at times.
- Occasionally ascends/ descends stairs and/or ladders to inspect and/or install equipment on production equipment.
Incredible opportunity to work in a niche area of the automation world, allowing you to see your work develop into a fully-functioning product in a short timeline, while constantly challenging your knowledge to create new and reliable solutions. Flyhouse offers the benefits of a big corporation without the big corporation mindset.
Flyhouse is a specialty rigging contractor supplying services to the theatre, entertainment, arena, cruise ship, retail, museum, and specialty industries around the world.