"A generous and genius idea."
– Freelance Technician
Flyhouse offers dozens of ETCP recognized classes for technicians of all skill and experience levels. Options include low-cost FLYHOUSE ESSENTIAL SKILLS and PREMIUM classes—with more topics in the works.
We can’t wait to get back to in-person classes, but we have been thrilled at the response to Flyhouse Online Training, and it will remain a permanent part of our training program.
We've got big plans for Flyhouse Training in 2022!
THANK YOU to everyone who participated in training this year! We are looking forward to rest and recovery over the holidays but first, we are excited to share a preview of next year. We’re making a few updates to our program to allow us to continue to provide great training experiences and address the evolving needs of our audience. These things are all subject to change, of course, but here is a quick summary:
- Our training will follow a quarterly format, with some evening and Saturday classes to allow working folks more options to attend.
- We are introducing a new live feature called Ask Flyhouse. We know that sometimes you need to know something before the next scheduled class. Ask Flyhouse will be a chance to come to a live session and ask your questions to me and other members of the Flyhouse team. Look for Ask Flyhouse every six to eight weeks during lunch time (Chicago time) on weekdays. These sessions will use meeting software so that participants can see and talk to each other, to foster a more interactive discussion than our more traditional class model.
- More Flyhouse Films! Our updated class schedule will allow us time to create and edit new YouTube videos. We know that these are popular and we have a backlog of good ideas brought to us by riggers like you. Look for a new full length video premiering about once a month in 2022. We may also add some short features, possibly an extension of our Ask Flyhouse sessions.
- We will stay in touch by email, a little less frequently. Look for Flyhouse in your inbox every other week, plus the occasional message to highlight an upcoming opportunity. And follow our Facebook page and the Chicago Flyhouse Training Forum to keep you up to date and answer your questions. You can also always email us too!
- We are committed to keeping training costs low and we will continue to offer free training opportunities throughout the year, but some classes that have been free in the past may now have a modest fee associated with them.
- We can’t wait to get back out in the world for in-person training, and hope to offer a class near you soon! In the meantime, I will be representing Flyhouse and presenting at the USITT Annual Conference and Stage Expo in Baltimore in March 2022. Follow us for the most up to date information on in-person public classes.
- As always, we would love to hear from you. What topics would you like to hear about? What do you like about our training? What do you dislike? Did we help you solve a problem or find an answer? Your input helps us offer the best possible training experience.
Stay tuned for more details in the coming weeks!
In the meantime, our Flyhouse Films channel is full of great rigging training content. Check them out and let us know which video is your favorite! And look for new Flyhouse Films videos premiering in the new year.
Looking for custom training? Let us know!
We never like to brag, but we want to share some of the kind words folks are saying about Flyhouse Online Training. We are SO grateful for the opportunity to connect with and learn from all of you.
In the meantime, get to know Flyhouse Films: Our YouTube channel features unique videos on a wide range of topics.
Subscribe to be among the first to see our latest videos and updates. #howwefly