Perelman Performing Arts Center (PAC NYC) officially opens today—Friday, September 15, 2023. The 129,000 square foot venue includes three flexible performances spaces with seating for up to 1,200 people. Perelman PAC was a key part of the 2003 master plan for bringing new life to the World Trade Center campus after the September 11 attacks.
“Building a performing arts center in this location was a promise to all of New York City. From the day we began working on the artistic programming, we also began developing relationships and creating dialogue around our events and performances,” says Artistic Director Bill Rauch. “These partnerships will invite and include our neighbors from all five boroughs, connect people across differences, and help us discover how art can continue to inspire and heal.”
For New York, this is the realization of a vision more than two decades in the works. For Flyhouse, this project has been 33 months of coordination, design, fabrication, installation, and training. We are honored to play a role in such a sacred project.
This project is also one of the inaugural projects to feature The Flyhouse Ease® Control Console, a new, intuitive multi-axis, fully-programmable rigging controller system, capable of operating overhead rigging and stage machinery within the same interface. Ease® was specifically designed with this venue in mind.
Much has been written about Perelman PAC in recent weeks, but we were especially struck by this feature in Vogue. Look for the Flyhouse roadbox.
- 9 Flyhouse Multiline Hoists each rated for 1400# capacity
- 18 ZipLift x600 Point Hoists each allowing up to 700# capacity at 10 feet per second
- 35 Flyhouse Acoustic Banner Hoists
- 18 D8+ rated chain hoists each with encoder positioning and 1-ton capacity
- 27 Rolling gantry beams each rated for 2200# vertical load and 1400# horizontal load
- 18-ton capacity demountable catwalk system comprised of
- 30 Pieces of modular truss
- 45 Moveable railings
- 9 Drawbridge access points
- 130 Adjustable lighting positions
- 120 Removeable casters allowing for ease of storage and transport
22 Horizontal lifelines
56 Fall protection points
Over 10,000 Bolts
Over 10,000 Nuts
Over 20,000 Washers
Over 1,000 Bearings
Over 30,000 pounds of sheet steel
Over 50,0000 pounds of structural steel and aluminum
Over 700 Engraved signs
Over 100 Emergency stop buttons
Over 10,000 Electrical components
4 Ease® Control Consoles
2 Ease® Mini Control Consoles
2 Flyhouse handheld joysticks
All found in 3 theaters, 2 scene docks and 1 rehearsal room!
Learn more about Perelman PAC and it's impact on the city via the New York Times.